Go back to the text! Go back to the text. Administrators and instructional coaches have been drilling this into me all year long. Diigo is the answer that I wish I had found earlier. Although this tool is geared more towards older students, you could certainly find appropriate text for younger students and teach them to use Diigo. Before I get too ahead of myself, Diigo is a tool that allows you to highlight and place sticky notes on web pages. You could use this in a ton of ways. For example, identifying the main idea in a passage, asking yourself questions about the text to come back to later, summarizing, research, comparing and contrasting, classifying,and much more. I would use this primarily as a reading comprehension tool that students could use to help them as they read and comprehend text. The information can also be shared between users which would be great for joint projects or even asking questions back forth if you didn't understand a point in the text. This web tool would be especially great if all students had access to a personal computer or iPad.
Here is the link to Diigo http://www.diigo.com/.
No comments:
Post a Comment