Friday, May 25, 2012

Glogster

Interactive posters! I recently researched and played around with Glogster (a site and tool I have never heard of). The Glogster education site allows for teachers to create students accounts. The students can then create interactive posters through text, image, video, and sound. I am interested in this technology because a wide variety of students would be able to use this tool to present their ideas to their classmates. The site allows for students of different learning modalities to concentrate on what tool they would like to use as a means of showing mastery of content. They could create their own video, use text and graphics to explain their content, or add sound. My first graders would love interacting with these posters and it would be a fun way to access content done by others because posters can be shared. I would even include this tool in my own lessons to help keep students engaged as well as presenting information in a different way. I can see myself creating posters for social studies science, phonics, and math. The posters could be used a hook, presenting content itself, doing quick warm-up problems, or as a groups or individual project. It is a quick tool to use and is simple for people to use. I am looking forward to posting my first Glogster poster on my blog! Here is the link to Glogster Education http://edu.glogster.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment